April 18, 2011

Self esteem issues...

THIS IS KATIE

She has beautiful blond hair, dark blue eyes, and red lips. She's beautiful! 
BUT she wants to be a red head. All the rest of us have red hair! Even little Tommy. This really bothers her. When she plays she always says, "pretend I have red hair". 

 Little does she know that i wished on every star in the sky that i would have at least 1 kid WITHOUT red hair and freckles! (Okay Daniel doesn't really have red hair, but he did when he was little)

It doesn't help when her favorite Disney Princess is Ariel!
I have tried to tell her how beautiful she is with her blond hair but
She doesn't believe me...

Last night I actually caught her trying to color her hair red with a colored pencil!! 

3 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

lucy hated her curly hair. I showed her pictures of beautiful people with curly hair. She never complained after.

Laura said...

Oh my heavens! She is SOO BEAUTIFUL! Isn't it crazy to be in our mom's shoes right now trying to tell us we were prettier than we thought we were? :) I wonder when that will start happening with my kids... Its so funny that its all about red hair though. What a cutie! :)

Michelle Hayes said...

This is really a cute post. Poor girl. She should realize she is soo cuuute!