June 9, 2011

STRANGER DANGER!

I was telling Wesley about 'Stranger Danger', and asked him, what he would do if someone he didn't know came up to him and said, "hey kid, i'll give you some candy if you get in my car". 
Wesley just looked at me with an 'its so obvious' look on his face and said, "Of course I would get in the car." 
YIKES!!!





I then spent 2 hours teaching him about Strangers and what NOT to do! 


After it all he came up and said, "mommy, tell the TRUTH, did you steal me away from my REAL mommy when i was a baby and I can't remember?"


 - I had to pull out the photo album of his birth to convince him... even then he was pretty skeptical. My poor confused little boy! And what a bad mom to not have taught him earlier in life about strangers?!?!! Oops! 






Teach your kids about



 strangers!!! 

1 comment:

Chrystina said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family photo at the top of your blog.. beautiful family!!!! My stranger danger lesson has gotten more extreme as my kids still trust everyone. I even tried the whole "bad guys will kill you" with my 6yr old AND gone onto the watchdog website that shows pics of convicts to show my kids that bad people can look very normal. Maybe I'm a little extreme, but if I can get them safely through their adolescents, I think I'm succeeded. :)