December 9, 2011

My project

 So back in October I did a project- we got these cabinets from Aunt Bobbie and i had this crazy idea to paint them RED and put them in our kitchen! Well, its been done for a while i have just been waiting to get a top on it, which it still doesn't have but that's okay, some day... So here it is, i worked hard on it and Daniel didn't want anything to do with it because he wasn't very confident that red was the right color. His encouragement to me was, "don't worry, we can paint over it". Well, i have to say, surprising to all (especially Daniel... okay me too) it turned out pretty neat!! I LOVE it and Daniel does too and has since apologized for doubting me! :) It's okay because I did plenty of doubting myself!

Here;s what they looked like before- our poor neighbors, we had these sitting in our front lawn for a week!!
 Here's the work in progress, it was long, first i had to clean them, then sand, then prime, then paint, then sand, then paint again, then sand off the edges, then stain! it took FOREVER with so many drawers and cupboard doors!!



And here is the finished product all decorated for Christmas!

    
FYI i am waiting to put candy in the candy dishes because i am on a diet! :)
Here you can see the kind of distress i put on it. LOVE IT!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Tiffany! Those are beautiful!! I am too lazy and impatient to take all the time it takes to get it done correctly. Congrats and I think they look amazing!

Megan Johnson said...

Love love love it! Soooo cute!

Melanie Eastman said...

WOW Tiffany!!! I am very very impressed with those beautiful cabinets! Wow. I am in love with them.