February 22, 2012


We had to have a Louisiana meal for Mardi Gras so I made my first pot of Jambalaya all by myself! I am so proud! i have to say it was YUMMY!! Maybe a little too spicy though! The kids took a drink after every bite but still loved it!



I also made my first King Cake, from scratch!! It was yummy too!! We surprised Daniel, he was pretty impressed with his Idaho wife!



Here it is without all the junk on it. It tasted pretty good i have to say!
Daniel asked if i remembered the baby, and I acted like i didn't know what he was talking about so as he was explaining to me about the baby and why you put it in there he bit down on it. (i.e. Katie's poly pocket) the kids were SO worried that he would swallow it! He was pretty surprised :)
Tommy just thought we were all scary with our masks
 After dinner we made Mardi Gras masks! It was really fun!
 we had a lot of fun! Daniel was the mask judge/photographer

they got really into it!
Our masks complete!

It was a fun family night! Happy Mardi Gras!!

2 comments:

Megan Johnson said...

Looks so fun! Great job on the home cookin! I LOVE that you are always doing fun stuff together! It makes family so enjoyable :)

Melanie Eastman said...

I have to say I've never in my life celebrated Mardi Gras, and I wouldn't know how! That looks fun, though! Maybe we'll have to do it next year. What a fun mom you are! :)